Kirsten Skidmore (’94)
Kirsten (’94) volunteers two days a week in the Alumni Association office.
Whether it is office administration, coordinating volunteers, assisting with events, proper filing, or patiently waiting for her computer to work, Kirsten is the picture of elegance and patience and we love having her around.
We asked Kirsten to answer the following 20 introductory questions:
- I grew up… in Mission, BC.
- When I was a kid… I organized activities for the kids in the neighbourhood.
- At school… I studied business.
- Significant others… Garry (’94) and our three sons Cameron, Alex and Erik.
- I enjoy… reading books at the beach.
- The best meal… is something spicy. I love Thai food.
- I could talk forever about… my kids and what they are up to.
- Friends know me… as someone they can count on.
- I’m reading… The Golden Son by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.
- Important words… “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- I’m at my best… when I am helping others.
- I’m at my worst… when I’m rushed.
- The best gift I ever received… My father-in-law paying my final year tuition so I could graduate with my husband.
- I get frustrated… when simple things don’t get done.
- On my days off… I visit with friends and family, read books and go for walks.
- If I wasn’t working at TWU… I’d be more involved at my church.
- In this position I’m excited… about working with a great group of people and the social aspect of it all.
- I think the biggest challenge in this position… There is no challenge. I’m a volunteer — no stress.
- I’ll know we are successful when… my children are involved in the University.
- Someday… I would like to visit the Holy Land.