Scotia Wealth Management is seeking a student to work full time in our White Rock office supporting a Senior Wealth Advisor, Dave Lee. www.Dave-Lee.ca
The primary purpose of the role is to provide additional capacity for a growing wealth management team during a busy time of year. Initial projects will involve preparation of tax related documents for client and data processing in Excel. Later projects will shift towards supporting client communication and marketing activities.
This is not a client facing role, and there will be limited opportunities to directly use financial/technical knowledge. However, the opportunity to work within a wealth management practice and see how everything operates is likely to be very attractive to anyone wishing to pursue a career in this field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Good work ethic
- Positive attitude
- A desire to pursue a career in wealth management / financial planning
Skills that would be an asset, but not essential:
- Strong in written communication
- Strong verbal/telephone skills
- Proficiency with social media in a business setting
- Marketing experience / training
- Experience with CRMs such as Salesforce
Term: January 3 to April 27 is preferred. Allowance can be made for up to 3 weeks off (unpaid) to suit the successful candidate’s schedule.
Salary: $15 per hour, 35 hour weeks.
Resumes and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org