Interested in joining? The 2017-2018 program has ended, but check back for updates about the new 2018-2019 season!
Here are the basic requirements and expectations of the Alumni Mentorship Pilot Program:
Why should I be a mentee?
- While university is meant to equip students with the knowledge and skillset they need to enter the workforce, students often struggle with knowing what life after grad will look like. A mentor in your desired field can provide invaluable wisdom and support as you discern the next step.
Monthly meet-up, 8-month commitment
- Students will participate in online mentee training workshop.
- Mentors and mentees will meet at least once per month for 1-2 hours for the duration of the school year. Meeting times and locations are flexible and arranged directly between the mentor and mentee to make the connections convenient.
ELIGIBILITY: 2nd year students – Recent Grads
- TWU students of any discipline or major who are at least 2nd year standing are eligible. Graduates from the last two years may also apply.
Limited Roll-out, expanding in the future
- In our pilot program, the number of pairings made will be limited; other applicants may keep their file in our system for next year.
- View the Program Outline below for more information.
- Students will honor their mentor’s time by taking responsibility for scheduling meetings, submitting quick tracking notes after meetings, and operating in a professional manner.