Interested in joining? The 2017-2018 program has ended, but check back for updates about the new 2018-2019 season!
The pilot program has been designed according to market research performed with current students and potential mentors. The Alumni Association is committed to ensuring that the program is well administered and organized. The Association will work to support mentors and provide a balance of structure and organic relationship. Here are the basic requirements and expectations of the Alumni Mentorship Pilot Program:
Why should I be a mentor?
- Mentors will have the unique opportunity to directly strengthen the alumni network by building a personal relationship & sharing advice and insight, preparing future leaders to continue influencing the various marketplaces of life.
1-2 hour MONTHLY MEET-UP, 8-MONTH COMMITMENT
- Mentors and mentees will meet at least once per month for 1-2 hours for the duration of the school year. This can be done either in person or by video call for those living outside of the Lower Mainland.
- Mentors will attend or review webinar training to help maintain a consistent experience for all those in the program and clarify the expectations for the mentor (videos/audio files will be made accessible).
ELIGIBILITY: graduated 5+ years ago
- Any former TWU student who graduated at least five years ago may apply. Preference will be given to those with strong work experience and interpersonal skills. Participants will be selected according to the needs of the student applicants.
Limited roll-out, EXPANDING IN THE FUTURE
- In our pilot program, only a limited number of pairings will be made; other applicants may keep their file in our system for next year.
- View the Program Outline below for more information.