Nomination and Election Procedure 2018
- All nominees must be members in good standing of Association as defined by the Bylaws (i.e., prospective board members must have been a TWU student for at least ).
- The Association will announce the vacancies on the Board of Directors to the membership.
- Nominees must complete a Nomination & Consent form and submit it to the Nomination Committee no later than October 31, 2018.
- The Nomination Committee will ensure all candidates meet the requirements as set out in the Bylaws.
- The Board of Directors will inform nominees if they have been approved as candidates for election to the Board of Directors no later than November 5, 2018.
- The Board of Directors will provide a list of candidates to the Association membership no later than November 10, 2018.
- All candidate information as provided on the Nomination & Consent Form may be posted online by the Alumni Office or the Board of Directors for the benefit of the membership. Such information may be mobilized using the TWUAA website, social media accounts, email lists, and other such means as the Board of Directors deems appropriate.
- The Election will be held by way of an electronic ballot. The ballot will be sent to the email address of each Association member 1 week prior to the AGM and will remain open until 30 minutes after the AGM begins.
- The Association will advise all members by way of email the manner in which the election will be held and the time frame in which the ballot will remain open.
- The AGM of the Association will be held on November 26, 2018.
- If there are more than 30 candidates, a vote will be taken and the 30 candidates, minus the existing board members who are serving their term, with the most votes will win.
- The Chief Electoral Officer will inform the tied candidates and obtain their consent to participate in a run-off ballot that will be issued to the membership in the same manner as the first ballot. The run-off ballot will be open for a period of 2 days. The winner of the run-off ballot will be the successful candidate.
- Unless there is a run-off vote, the chief electoral officer will confirm all votes to the candidates and will officially announce the results of the election to the Association membership no later than November 28, 2018, and ideally before the end of the AGM on November 26th.