Youth Care Worker
Do you have a passion for teen ministry? Our unique program provides support for young women in a structured nurture rich environment. With the use of equine assisted learning and Trust Based Relational Intervention our goal is to equip our clients with life and relational skills so that they can be everything God intended them to be.
Upholding the mission and vision of LHR through the ongoing monitoring, supervision
and care of all residents according to the daily schedule, policies and procedures of LHR
to ensure safety and security at all times.
- Minimum of two years experience working or volunteering directly with at-risk youth
- Must have a valid driver’s license & provide clean driver’s abstract
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- First Aid certificate
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to enforce consistency in routine and expectations of the residents
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivated and independent thinker with strong decision making skills
- Ability to assess individual behaviours and situational factors quickly to determine potential risks and develop a suitable course of action
- Work well as a team player, able to take direction and provide input
- Adaptable to high stress situations, and work in fast-paced and changing Environments
- Salary based on $15 Hr.