Ministry/Program Strategy and Quality
- Develops and leads strategic plans, operational structures, resourcing requirements and quality standards that identify new ministry opportunities, and drive innovation and quality in the content and delivery of ministries and programs to position TSM as a leader in transformational ministry and program delivery and reflect TSM’s vision, mission and commitment to serving with excellence;
- Review current ministry and program offerings to audit quality and effectiveness and identify gaps and opportunities to increase excellence and transformational outcomes;
- Works in close collaboration with the Chief Development Officer to ensure fundraising activities reflect ministry and program objectives and outcomes, as well as with the Chief Transformational Officer/COO to ensure properties are pro-actively managed to support ministry and program requirements and meet health, safety and accessibility standards for clients, staff and volunteers;
- Walk alongside and engage with individual and client communities to understand their unique realities and invite their partnership in developing programs that meet immediate needs and support long-term, sustainable transformation;
- Understand the risks and spiritual intersections involved in ministry programs to vulnerable persons delivered across multiple program offerings and properties;
- Ensure that ministry and program decisions are informed and guided by the use of reliable, evidence-based data.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
Education: Master’s of Theology; MBA; Degree or Credentials in Executive Leadership; Graduate in Social Work
Professional Certifications: A professional designation in communications or public relations would be an asset.
Minimum number of year’s related experience required to competently perform the work: Minimum 10 years experience in a ministry and program leadership role serving diverse and vulnerable urban populations, including participation on a senior leadership or executive team in a complex and demanding matrix organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
The Executive Vice-President and Chief Ministry Officer will bring broad and deep experience as a C-Suite Leader enabling him/her to proactively to lead with vision to transform TSM strategy at the highest level of the organization, to lead and model a culture of transformation, growth and agility, and to effectively execute programs through leadership of multiple ministry and program managers;
- Results-oriented and solutions focused, with evidence of having worked as a true strategy leader, transformational partner and 2IC to the CEO, C-Level Executive Team and Board;
- Successful leader and subject matter expert in complex and diverse ministry and program strategy, delivery models, structures, evaluation and assessment methods, and best practices;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead an integrated ministry and program infrastructure to deliver multiple programs across multi service delivery locations and excellence;
- Proven experience working with people in poverty and other vulnerable urban populations, understanding their complex needs, demonstrating an understanding of client challenges, acting in the role of advocate to ensure the safety and dignity of all clients served, and measuring meaningful outcomes of programs and services;
- Excellent verbal and written communicator who is able to adjust messaging to engage and connect with a variety of audiences including client constituencies, community agencies, donors, partners, and churches;
- Experience and ability to communicate effectively and be an influencer with media outlets and government bodies;
- Proven ability to lead engaged and high performing teams including team development and performance optimization.
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Scott Mission by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit/charitable sector.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to be received by September 23, 2019. Please include your cover letter and resume as two separate documents, to email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the position? Contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149.
How to apply? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and cover letter as two separate documents and cc email@example.com