Position Available – Program Lead
Youth are bombarded with contradictory media messages and societal pressures that encourage them to make life devaluing choices that often lead many of them into destructive life styles. At Signal Hill we dream of a day where all young people know their fundamental value and the value of those around them, and from there, are able to make positive life choices. Our team at Signal Hill is passionate and energized to invest our lives into making this dream a reality by educating young people through live presentations, comprehensive workshops, and educational resources in order to help them live their best life.
Do you long to join a team where you see yourself making a difference in the lives of those around you? As part of our core team, we are searching for a responsible, highly motivated leader who is passionate about education to be our Program Lead. The role is instrumental in effectively educating and empowering more and more young people to live lives in which they are able to flourish and thrive. You will be responsible for; designing, developing, delivering and implementing educational programs/projects & events; continually measuring and enhancing program effectiveness; managing and oversee all program planning and budgeting activities; training and managing Community Educators to deliver the programs; analyzing data; and conducting ongoing research.
The ideal candidate is passionate about our cause; has a strong desire to take initiative, is extremely organized, is able to multi task, is great with people, respectful, humorous; and, is tenacious in the pursuit of excellence and efficiency.
This position is:
• Permanent part time (3 days/week at 22.5 hours/week) with potential to go full time
• Additional hours may be required during peak times
• Attendance at events outside of regular office hours may be required
• Offers an hourly wage ranging from $25 – $30/hr. Salary commensurate with experience
• Education: Bachelor degree in Education.
• Experience: Established success in managing curriculum development, developing and delivering visually pleasing presentations to youth, designing interactive and engaging media, activities and resources for youth, training & managing staff, conducting research
• Skills: Communication both written and verbal, presentation skills, project management, people management, budget management, analyzing data
• Values: Compassionate, Hopeful, Non-judgemental
Please submit a résumé, cover letter and a list of professional references by Monday, June 18th 2018 to:
Signal Hill Life Education Society
PO Box 45076 Langley Crossing, Langley, BC V2Y 0C9
Attn: Executive Director
Thank you for your interest; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.