Every month, we’re encouraged to see how many Trinity Western University Alumni have applied for parking passes in order to stay connected to their alma mater. Staying connected and building community is why the TWU Alumni Association decided to give out free parking passes to alumni for the last several years.
But in order to address some concerns brought up by Parking Services, there are some changes in development, as well as some new rules and restrictions you need to know if you’ve used a parking pass before.
PARKING PASSES NEED TO BE RENEWED EVERY YEAR
A few years ago, the Alumni Association switched over to a digital parking pass system. This means you can sign up from the comfort of your own home and your license plate will be added to the system. However, in order to refresh the system and ensure everyone’s car information is accurate and up to date, Parking Services has requested that alumni passes be reset once a year. This means that as of March 31st, any alumni parking passes previously issued will expire and you’ll be required to apply again.
ONLY GRADUATES OF TWU WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARK FOR FREE ON CAMPUS
As of March 31st, 2019, only those who have graduated from Trinity Western University will be entitled to free parking on campus. In addition, if you completed your undergraduate at Trinity Western University and want to take a Master’s degree on campus, you will be allowed to park for free.
This is a privilege offered to you as a graduate of TWU. This is not a pass to be shared with children, family members, or friends.
BASIC RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
- You will only be able to register one car to your name.
- By registering for free parking, you are asserting that the privilege will be used exclusively by you. It is not to be shared with anyone else. Abusive of this system will result in the loss of free parking privileges on campus.
- Free parking for alumni is allowed only between the hours of 7AM and 11PM. No overnight parking is permitted.
- You may only park in commuter parking lots.
- Parking passes will expire every year on March 31st and will need to be renewed.
- If you have unpaid parking tickets, you will not be granted a free pass until those fees have been paid.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PARKING PASS
Our website and system has changed in the last year, so you may not be familiar with the process required to apply for a parking pass. Please follow these steps to reapply after March 31st, each year.
Step 1: Create an Account of the Alumni Association Website
- Go to www.twualumni.org/join-alumni
- Fill out the form to update your information.
- After completing the form, wait for a confirmation email that says you’ve been approved.
Step 2: Edit your Profile
- Click “Log In” in the top right corner, or go to www.twualumni.org/alumni-map and sign in to your newly made account.
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll be able to search for alumni on the map and database. Scroll down past the map until you see a light blue box that reads “Edit Your Profile”. Click the button.
- Here you will see all the details you added when you created your account. Here you’ll see the option to “View Digital Alumni Card” and “Apply for Parking Pass”. Click the parking pass option and fill out your car information.
And that’s it! Once you’ve completed those steps, you’ll be registered for a year of free parking on campus. Remember, you’ll have to go through Step 2 every year, as the parking pass will expire on March 31st.
If you have further questions, you can email the Alumni Association office team at www.twualumni.org.