The VCBC English Congregation Pastoral Search Committee is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of English Congregation Lead Pastor for our church.
The Lead Pastor of the English Congregation is responsible to the Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church (the “Church”) to provide spiritual leadership by:
a) modeling in his or her personal life the grace and love of God;
b) proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
c) teaching the biblical revelation;
d) engaging in pastoral care ministries; and
e) providing leadership and guidance in all areas of church life.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor of the Church.
- Prepare and deliver sermons and to preach Bible doctrine;
- Plan and conduct the English-language worship services, and lead in the observance of the ordinances;
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funerals;
- Provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care to the congregation;
- Lead in prayer and guide the overall spiritual formation of the English Congregation;
- Lead in effective programs of prayer, discipleship, evangelism, mission and care for persons in the Church and in the community;
- Visit members and prospective members;
- Lead the English Congregation in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating its total program to accomplish the stated mission and vision statement and spiritual goals of the Church;
- Encourage and work with the English Congregation Leadership Team, Deacons, ministry teams and committees as they carry out their responsibilities;
- Cooperate with regional and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the Church informed of denominational development;
- Engage in ongoing personal and professional development;
- Mentor and supervise pastoral staff of the English Congregation.
- To provide on-going spiritual training for leaders and to nurture and raise potential leaders.
- Possess the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Matthew 5:3-10, Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Subscribe to and agree with VCBC’s Statement of Faith.
- Graduate from a recognized seminary.
- Minister with North American pastoral experience leading a congregation, preferably ordained. Greater Vancouver church experience is an asset
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Chinese is an asset but not a requirement.
- Strong leadership, communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in multi-staff setting.