Langley Environmental Partners Society (LEPS) is a non-profit, partnership-driven organization formed in 1993 to protect and restore the natural environment through education, cooperation and action. We are currently seeking one Interim Environmental Educator to assist with the delivery of environmental education pro-grams, reporting to the Education Program Coordinator.
Duties will include:
Environmental Education program (October 2019-June 2020 and Sept-Nov 2020)
- Assisting the Education Coordinator with presentations to school and community groups;
- Assisting the Education Coordinator with developing new education program materials
Langley Demonstration Garden (July –August 2020)
- Develop and deliver an established kids’ education program including creating lesson plans, teaching, and leading educational activities and craft components;
- Assist in promoting garden workshops and management of program registration.
Other duties may include:
- Assisting with the exhibition of interactive displays at community events;
- Providing support to other program areas, as required.
- College diploma or university degree in education, environment or related field, or equivalent combination of expe-rience.
- Experience: Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in program management; teaching and leading programs for children and youth; knowledge of stream ecology, watershed stewardship, and/or other outdoor specializations.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and approachable
- Interest and commitment to the environment and environmental stewardship
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organized and detail oriented
Condition of hire:
- Clean Criminal record review
- Valid BC Drivers License + access to vehicle
- Recent post-secondary graduate under the age of 30 yrs old, as per Employment and Social Development Canada criteria.
Must be a pre-approved Eco Canada participant. https://www.eco.ca/internship/internquizWork schedule:
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm/Monday to Friday/ 72 hours bi-weekly, with weekend and evening work when required
Wage: $18.00 per hour
Term: 1 year contract, start date October 28, 2019
Application Procedure: Please submit cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Nichole Marples email@example.comDeadline: 4:30 pm October 14, 2019