Who We Are:
CRCF is situated in Burnaby on HWY 1. We are a healthy, medium sized church that has been growing consistently over the last number of years. We draw a diverse range of attendees from the metro Vancouver area.
Key words that would sum us up are community, diverse, gospel focused, numerous baptisms, families, prayer, contemporary worship, lots of outreach and a fantastic facility. We are entering another exciting phase in our church as we continue to grow and lay hold of the opportunities in front of us.
The finanacial comptroller will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial statements, liaison with other ministry staff and assist in financial analysis of investments and manage cash flow within the different ministries that operate within the church.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all financial and internal control processes are effective, and that financial records are complete and accurately prepared on a timely basis.
- Responsible for all accounting, financial reporting and operational data analysis including accounts payable, donations, payroll
- Oversee preparation of financial statements and ensure they are in compliance.
- Present financial statements to the Board on a monthly basis.
- Provision of financial analyses and administrative support as required.
- Manage working capital requirements and budgets
- Set up and maintenance of internal controls to support accuracy for financial information for audit purposes.
- Oversee the Sunday collections and ensure donations are processed into the donor system and banked
- Issuing Charitable Donation Tax Receipts at the end of the fiscal year.
- Coordinate with auditors and provide necessary information for annual audit. Review yearly financials and corporate tax returns for all entities.
- Manage the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- File necessary Returns with the City for the Permissive Exempt tax, Society Filings, GST and WCB filings. Provincial reporting requirements for Societies in British Columbia, Canada Revenue Agency policies related to Registered Charities
- Cash management and investment per Board- approved Investment Policy
- Manage relationships with the banks, insurance provider and extended heath benefits provider
- Additional duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, preferably working towards an accounting designation (CPA) or an MBA OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Payroll and knowledge of issuing of T4’s T4A’s and remitting monthly source deductions
- A minimum of 2-3 years of non-profit experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills and people skills with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines.
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Use of Accounting Software- Quick Books, CRM’s and use of Excel and Word
- Ability to work with the Church Database system
- A Criminal Record Check will be required.
- Willingness to commit to the CRCF’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
- Active participation in a Bible-believing church.
This can be either part time or full time depending on the applicants needs. We offer competitive compensation based on experience .
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting your experience and salary expectations. Please email it to email@example.com with the subject line “Financial Comptroller”
Deadline to apply : 05/18/2020