Position: Field Services Representative
Full-time, 14 month contract
SkillSource Langley, BC
SkillSource is a non-profit group training organization with a mandate to increase access to trades training and employment.
SkillSource is looking for a Field Services Representative to source and recruit program participants (apprentices and employers) and support program delivery.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- You will be responsible for identifying prospective host employers and preparing presentations and sales proposals to present to potential clients. You will maintain good relationships with the host employers, including resolving any issues whether with a candidate, problems with pricing, quantity and quality of work and honoring any agency guarantees. Outstanding customer service after the sale may be critical in obtaining future business. You will be the primary contact for host employers.
- You will be responsible for recruiting apprentices. This will include reviewing resumes, conducting both pre-screen phone and in-person interviews. You will select and finalize suitable prospective apprentices based on the needs of our clients. This will include conducting research and reference checks to ensure qualified candidates are assigned.
- You will market opportunities to prospective apprentices. Develop marketing strategies for targeted industries and apprentice populations including creating, posting and maintaining ads on job boards. Participate in career fairs and other events for apprentice recruitment including class presentations.
- Process paperwork and maintain complete apprentice and employer records and documentation.
- Monitor and record apprentice and employer contact.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of trades and apprenticeship in B.C.
- Knowledge of local labour market
- Recruitment, student placement or related experience
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies and practices
- Ability to work with adults and youth clients with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional teamwork, communication and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and focus on getting the job done
- Contacts within the community an asset
If this sounds like you, then please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates but only those selected will be contacted.