Riverdale Baptist Church in Whitehorse, YT is seeking a full-time Family Ministry & Administrative Intern to join their leadership team.
This is a government funded full-time position beginning end of May/early June and continuing for 12 weeks. Work days are flexible, but must include Sundays.
Rate of pay: $17/hr; 37.5 hrs/week.
The successful candidate will execute youth and young adult events, lead Sunday School programs, organize church events (e.g. picnics, family camp), and fulfil administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience working or volunteering with children and/or youth
- organizational skills
- the ability to work well in both a team setting and solo
- the ability to take initiative
- Class 5 driver’s license
- a willingness to undergo a criminal record check
- Standard 1st Aid & CPR
To be considered you must:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act. International students are not eligible.
- be a student at least 15 – 30 years of age OR
- be a youth not in school between the ages of 16 – 25, residing in Yukon
- adhere to RBC’s policies pertaining to this position
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sharon Pullar at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17. Feel free to call (867) 667-6620 with any questions.