This position has now been filled.
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for a Communications and Marketing Coordinator. The successful applicant will fill an important strategic role at LCS, working closely with school leaders to create and communicate our values and vision throughout our community.
We are a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact
instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design
experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to
transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our work is guided by our vision, values and four strategic priorities:
1. Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
2. Executing with excellence in everything we do
3. Expanding our community reach and impact
4. Establishing sustainable practices
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing
communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. As an important member of our
Development Office team, you will work in a collaborative organization with high standards.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Development Director and be able to work independently to carry out the
following responsibilities within an educational context:
Communication & Marketing
• Execute with excellence our school-wide communication strategy
• Communicate the LCS brand, story and vision to our staff, parents and other stakeholders
• Maintain and publish content on our websites and social media platforms
• Promoting LCS programming and events including the arts and athletics
• Design, writing and editing content for recruitment, marketing and promotions
• Develop and design interior and exterior signage and branding for LCS
• Assist with preparation for society meetings, board meetings and school events
• Work closely with Development Director and Head of School to execute and communicate the school’s strategic plan
and communication strategy
• Develop and maintain connections with donors, alumni, our partner groups and stakeholders in the Fraser Valley
• Completion of high school education & job-related certificate program
• Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
• Evidence of commitment to the Christian faith and service in the local church
• Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
• Evidence of strong interpersonal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Passionate about our vision to establish LCS as the best possible educational experience in the region
• Exceptional graphic design skills for both print and web-based media
• Proficient in WordPress, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Experience in media and marketing an asset
This is a salaried 1.0 FTE position. Hours somewhat flexible. Salary and benefits based on experience and expertise.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
• Pastoral reference letter
• Copies of relevant training and certifications
• Three professional references
Posting closes October 31, 2019