Communications and Fundraising Coordinator (Maternity Leave Position)
Inner Hope Youth Ministries is a Christian non-profit which exists to support youth and families in East Vancouver; building long term relationships and providing services that offer hope, belonging and transformation.
We are seeking a Communications and Fundraising Coordinator to support Inner Hope in developing communication pieces, grants and fundraising campaigns that align with our Mission, Vision and Values and honour the population that we walk alongside. This is a collaborative role ideally suited for a compassionate and creative individual. The successful applicant must be highly organized, able to accommodate shifting priorities, and have experience fundraising for a small to mid-size non-profit.
What can you look forward to?
- a supportive, close-knit staff team who love doing ministry together
- a flexible work schedule
- mentorship and development
- an outlet for your nerdy planning skills and passion for storytelling
- contributing to God’s work of transformation and reconciliation in East Vancouver
Employment Period: June 1st 2020 – June 15th, 2021
Hours: 25 hours per week over 3 or 4 days. A minimum of 2 days on site (when circumstances allow).
Remuneration: $21 per hour, laptop for work purposes
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
- Produce communication pieces including monthly prayer email and quarterly newsletter, monitoring analytics and uptake.
- Develop and reprint promotional materials
- Develop and maintain website (Weebly platform)
- Develop Facebook content and monitor analytics
- Coordinate planning and preparation for outreach events
- Help create and implement Annual Fundraising Plan in collaboration with Executive Director
- Research and write grant applications in collaboration with Executive Director
- Help plan, execute, and evaluate three annual fundraising campaigns and additional small initiatives
- Support donor relations including upkeep of donor database and donor thank-yous
- Prepare letters to businesses for donations or gifts in kind, as time allows
- Passionate about IHYM’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Supportive of IHYM’s Statement of Faith, Code of Ethics, and staff policies
- 5+ years of combined post-secondary education / professional experience
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to write at a professional level
- Organized and flexible, with strong time management skills
- Works well collaboratively
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and website content management (e.g. Weebly)
- Experience with a donor database and email platform (MailChimp) preferred
- Acceptable current criminal record check
- Some knowledge and understanding of Vancouver’s inner-city and Aboriginal community
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If this position interests you, apply early! Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.