Position: Client WOW Officer
Location: 30530 Progressive Way, Abbotsford
Reports to: Director of Operations, APEX Food Source
About APEX FOOD SOURCE
Apex bridges the gap between culinary inspiration and operational realities of the commercial kitchen. Through menu-item development, recipe creation and production of a variety of dips, sauces, and prepared vegetables, Apex frees up foodservice operators to replicate proprietary creations with greater efficiency and cleaner ingredients. Additionally, we take that learning to the retail sector where we create unique value propositions for our retail clients.
Our team’s mission is to become the best producer of innovative and custom food products for North America’s leading foodservice and retail brands. We work together to asses our customers’ needs; develop and deliver unique, innovative, complete solutions, and create enduring relationships.
At Apex, we’re about more than just food. We’re about bringing delicious creations to life. Because any way that we can enhance what our clients are offering their customers, we’re making the world better by producing better food experiences and dining memories. We manage by facts that are used to support intuition and continuous learning – business geeks specializing in food – is our mantra.
We have an opportunity to sit at the production table where you will be able to make a significant contribution to operations and aid the future direction of the organization. Ideally, you are dedicated to support the sales team’s efforts and activities. If this sounds like something that you would like to be part of then consider joining our team as we are looking for an outstanding individual who customer focused.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role is responsible for many of our client interactions and supports the efforts of the Sales Manager. Those support efforts are around coordinating trade shows, managing order requests, managing and assisting with customer concerns, and developing and maintain a Customer Relationship Management System.
1. Manage large amounts of incoming calls and visitors in a professional “world class” manner.
2. Processing client orders and confirming with client on anticipated pick-up/delivery date.
3. Liaise with Production and Logistics to ensure client’s demands are met.
4. Play a key role in the development of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System. Maintain and update records of client interactions, client account details and associated client documents through the CRM System.
5. Open and maintain client accounts by recording account information.
6. Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
7. Build sustainable relationships and trust with clients through open and interactive communication and be able to identify immediate client’s needs to achieve satisfaction.
8. Handle client product complaints by clarifying client’s complaint; passing along all necessary information to appropriate department (i.e. Quality Assurance); follow up to ensure resolution. Documenting and summarizing for Sales Manager.
9. Resolve service problems by clarifying the client’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction and/or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution. Documenting and summarizing for Sales Manager.
10. Maintain client pricing file and update pricing system accordingly.
11. Prepare invoice for clients and ensure correct pricing is in place.
12. Prepare client sales reviews as needed.
13. Upon direction from the Sales Manager, create and maintain Pricing Agreements. Ensure that all renewal dates are calendarized to be reviewed in a timely manner.
14. Coordinate tradeshow information and registration. Coordinate required materials for tradeshows to ensure timely execution.
15. Organize travel and expense claims.
16. Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. University Degree in English, Business Communications, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related study preferred
2. Previous Sales Administration Support experience an asset
3. Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
7. Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely, internal and external customer service
8. Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form
9. Forward thinker, creative, and innovative
Functional Skills Required
1. Cross functional and project management skills, including self-managed multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
2. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
Solid interpersonal and problem-solving.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to lachlan.whatley@