Who We Are:
CRCF is situated in Burnaby on HWY 1. We are a healthy, medium sized church that has been growing consistently over the last number of years. We draw a diverse range of attendees from the metro Vancouver area.
Key words that would sum us up are community, diverse, gospel focused, numerous baptisms, families, prayer, contemporary worship, lots of outreach and a fantastic facility. We are entering another exciting phase in our church as we continue to grow and lay hold of the opportunities in front of us.
This is a ministry role in the church that involves both the administration of programs as well as the pastoral care of children and families.
- Overseeing the all programming from newborn children through to children in Grade 5. This includes the weekend service programming, the mid week programming, as well as special events such as VBS etc.
- The position entails recruiting volunteers, training and empowering them, and providing a pastoral connection. It will also involve oversight over some paid part time staff.
- Overseeing the policies, systems, and processes for the safety of children and families and to provide an inclusive environment for the children.
- This position has a lot of opportunity for creativity, new ideas, and outreach.
- There is a strong pastoral component to this position as the minister connects and gets to know the diverse congregation we minister to.
- This position is available either part time or full time depending on the applicants needs and skill set.
The ideal fit for this role and our church would be a person who…
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience in full time ministry or part time ministry either as a youth minister, children’s minister, or some related capacity. Leadership in a comparable ministry, such as YWAM or a college, would be considered.
- A proven track record of team building, great interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and a track record that shows you are able to bring about health and growth in the ministries you have lead or overseen.
- A proven track record of being able to work with peers and oversight church and resolve interpersonal or organizational conflict in a godly way.
- A formal post secondary education at some level along with a strong grasp of the mission and call of the church along with a strong foundation in the Christian faith.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting your experience and salary expectations. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Children’s Minister”
Deadline to apply : 05/31/2020