The Candidate: This opportunity requires a unique leader with strong values.
You are a seasoned leader with a strong business development and/or fundraising track record of verifiable results in developing high value donor relationships that consistently delivers gifts in the high 5 – 6 figures and beyond range. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and see the possibilities for growth to support homelessness and poverty. Your deep leadership experience enables you to identify talent, mentor and grow a strong team.
The Mustard Seed is seeking an engaging, motivated, results-oriented individual to take on this exciting leadership role. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Development Officer (CDO) will be responsible for overseeing the execution of fundraising activities for The Mustard Seed. Working closely with the CEO and the Executive Team to maximize philanthropic support, the CDO will develop and help execute a multifaceted fundraising program. S/he will lead the development team to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward significant donors and seek out new sources of revenue.
- An opportunity-seeker who is a strategic and visionary leader with a minimum of 5 – 7 years in a senior position in for-profit or non-profit leadership
- Deep experience managing a six to seven figure major gift portfolio or sales portfolio and/or with strong business development skills
- Demonstrated track record leading highly effective teams
- Proven ability to lead in a faith-based and inclusive organization that respects Christian roots, relationships and traditions and is comfortable in communicating his/her faith
- Strong track record of building relationships with high net-worth donors and securing gifts (maintaining a portfolio of prospects) while leading, mentoring and coaching a fundraising team
- Good financial acumen
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the confidence to meet very high expectations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate with a diverse range of donor motivations
- Knowledge of databases (Sales Force is donor database)
- Experience of digital fundraising
- Ability to travel (20% of time)
- Understands, values and practices Servant Leadership
- University degree or a complimentary level of education
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Mustard Seed by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.