Beulah Garden (BG) Homes is a faith-based, not-for-profit charitable organization that provides housing and care for older adults in Vancouver. Our mission is to be a caring community championing Christian compassion.
BG Homes is seeking a part-time Chaplain on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work 20 hours per week. The Chaplain will carry out his/her duties in accordance with the Canadian Baptist of Western Canada (“CBWC”) Statement of Faith and CBWC Cultural Statement. Other required attributes include compassion, honesty, respect, innovation, stewardship and teamwork.
Reporting to the Community & Spiritual Care Manager, the Chaplain provides emotional and spiritual support to relevant stakeholders. The Chaplain is an integral member of the wellness team at BG Homes. The Chaplain will maintain the highest quality of confidentiality at all times, and treat all stakeholders with kindness, patience and respect.
The Chaplain will perform the following specific duties, functions and/or activities:
- Participate in delivering and arranging for appropriate spiritual care to residents, their loved ones and staff
- Support stakeholders to create an environment which promotes the wellbeing of the community
- Support an interdisciplinary approach to spiritual care
- Keep records of chaplaincy activity to communicate with other members of the team and report to the Community & Spiritual Care Manager
- Participate in the wellness team’s plan for continuous quality improvement
- Participate in the programs and administrative activities of the organization i.e., staff meetings, professional development activities,
- Coordinate care and liaise with other departments, as needed
- Assist in maintaining orderliness of the wellness office and all associated spaces
- Maintain ethical standards of confidentiality and support the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Complete additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Certified training in chaplaincy or two years of chaplaincy experience
Skills & Abilities
- Compassion, empathy, wisdom, and collaborative insight
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
- Ability to build strong team relations and foster working relationships
- Ability to communicate in intercultural and multi-faith environments
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information
- Skilled in the use of computers and MS Office
- Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application – Chaplain Position”. While we are thankful for all applications, only those chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.