Position Title: ACTS Seminaries Bookkeeper
Remuneration Experience Dependent
Position Type Part Time (20 hours/week)
Location TWU Langley Campus
Posting Date February 27, 2019
Closing Date Open until filled
Reporting to the accountant, the bookkeeper performs a variety of accounting work, including managing accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position also monitors and reviews accounting records to ensure accuracy and responds to enquires related to accounting functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage the accounts receivable function by preparing invoices, monitoring balances and reconciling payable/receivable with TWU and other partner organizations.
2. Obtain approval from budget managers for invoice and expense submissions.
3. Process invoices, reimbursement requests, payment requests, petty cash reimbursements, TWU financial transfer requests, etc.
4. Process and submit bank deposits.
5. Reconcile payroll and other reimbursement requests from member seminaries with approved/budgeted amounts and record them to the financial software.
6. Post monthly TWU transactions, ensuring accuracy of member balances
7. Maintain frequent contact with the accountant to confirm work priorities, report on accomplishments and resolve issues. Provide accounting support as assigned.
8. Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of ACTS Seminaries and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the enterprise.
Supervision Given: None
Received: ACTS Seminaries Accountant
Education: Minimum one-year post secondary certificate in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum one year bookkeeping experience required.
Skills: Knowledge of office procedures, records management and document processing. Able to manage multiple functional areas and requests while meeting deadlines. Demonstrated ability in the use of computer software, including Sage Accounting and Microsoft Office programs. Maintain a high level of personal discretion over confidential information. Able to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment. Able to work effectively and in a manner displaying servanthood in all areas of work, with ACTS Seminaries managers, students and employees, including those of its partners and those external to the enterprise.
Personal: Warm-hearted, committed, dedicated and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in work, church, family and community. Firm commitment to the Community Covenant used by all individuals associated with ACTS Seminaries. Whole-hearted affirmation of the statement of faith from one of the ACTS Seminaries. Impeccable character and reputation. Positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Send resume, cover letter and short statement regarding your personal faith journey (max 250 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.