Associate Pastor of Family Ministries
The purpose of Salem Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Salem seeks to be a church where everyone proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ at every opportunity.
The role of Associate Pastor of Family Ministries exists as a catalyst in seeing the mission of Salem Church fulfilled. The focus of this pastoral role is to:
- build biblical foundations for families and support the family ministry teams,
- develop and support small group discipleship and individuals in the process of discipling others, and
- assist in general pastoral duties as needed.
The desire and ability to build and shepherd a collaborative team is central to this role.
You can find a link to the full job description here: www.salemchurch.ca/news
- Must be a mature Christian believer.
- Must be qualified for leadership within the church, possessing the elder qualities listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- The ability to teach the Bible effectively.
- The ability to develop and work together in a team.
- The ability to provide Biblical counsel and encouragement to individuals and families as they pass through various real life situations.
- The ability to equip and empower others to lead.
- The ability to shepherd small group leaders.
- Previous experience in this area of ministry (preferred, but not restricted to 3 years).
- Must have a degree from a recognized Bible College or Seminary, preferably related to the area of family ministries.
Being established in 1899, Salem has a rich history. We have gone from a few Mennonite settlers in the country to a church family of over 300 people with two full-time pastors (Lead Pastor and Youth Pastor) and two support staff. Our congregation has a wide spectrum of age groups. We are blessed with the wisdom of those later on in years, and we are blessed with the energy of young families. Some ministries that we value in addition to our Sunday morning services are: Sunday school, boys & girls clubs, youth groups, and small groups. Our children’s ministries are well attended and staffed with excellent volunteers. You can learn more about our church here: www.salemchurch.ca
We are part of the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (FEBC). www.fellowshipforward.org
Salem Church is located in Waldheim, Saskatchewan. Waldheim is an absolutely beautiful community with many amenities, and located only 50 kilometers from the north end of Saskatoon. Waldheim is a friendly farming community of about 1000 people. www.waldheim.ca
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Thank you for your interest.